If you were to buy Google Drive storage, that cloud storage amount would also be shared across services like Google Photos or Gmail but after today’s announcement by Google. Buying online storage from Google will fall under the “Google One” moniker.
The US-based company is also rolling out some upgrades and additional features with Google One.
- Google One plans will still start at $1.99/month for 100GB.
- 200GB plan at $2.99/month.
- 1TB plans at $9.99/month will be upgraded to 2TB plans free of charge, so no more 1TB plan from now on.
- 10 TB plan at $99.99/month.
- 20 TB plan at $199.99/month.
- 30 TB plan at $299.99/month.
Google One customers will also be given extra features such as one-tap access to product experts in case they run into an issue with any of Google’s services. Users can also receive extras like Google Play credits and deals on select hotel bookings found in Search. Google One plans can be shared with the family as well and you can add up to five family members to your plan.
All the paid Google Drive storage customers will be upgraded to Google One over the next few months. It will roll out in the coming months starting in the US.You can sign up for Google One updates at this link.